Friday, February 05, 2010

PROZAC, WHERE ARE YOU?

I told you all a few weeks ago that I am always hesitant about posting when I'm in a crappy mood. But, after a bit of debate with myself, I decided to go ahead and share with you. I actually started this post yesterday and stopped after a few lines, still trying to decide whether to reveal my gloomy outlook on things. I picked up the phone and called a very good friend just to vent a little and to get some unbiased perspective. I felt much better after that phone call (thank you, You-Know-Who!), but still never got back to my blog.

So, here I am today, and I'll have to say that I'm in much better spirits. Believe it or not, the sun is actually shining, and it appears to be melting most of the ice and sludge that has been on the ground for over a week. One thing about living in Oklahoma . . . we don't get much "pretty" snow, but mostly sleet and ice that turns icky brown after a day or two. I've been extremely excited that we've gotten REAL snow a couple of times this year. But, accompanying the snow has been an abundance of gray and dreary days that tend to make me want to go back to bed and bury myself under the covers.

In reality, as much as I love winter and cold weather, this is probably why my mood has not been up to par lately. It's easy to look at things in my life that are not quite the way I'd like them to be and blame my grumpiness on all that. But, truly, I have a pretty decent life, and I have more blessings than I can count, and I really have no excuses for being poopy! So, I'll just blame it on the weather and move on . . . . .

Well, what are your plans for the weekend?  Any Super Bowl fans out there?  GO COLTS!!!!!  I know, I know, a few weeks ago you heard me yelling, "Go Vikings", but that was because I was pulling for Brett Favre and our former OU Sooner, Adrian Peterson. Now that Brett's season has ended, I'll be proudly wearing my Peyton Manning jersey and rooting for the Colts. No big game plans for me. We're supposed to get another round of "wintry mix" late Sunday into Monday, so I'll probably be cuddled up under a beautiful crocheted afghan . . . hot wings in one hand and a frosty beverage of some sort in the other!

Sports Blinkies
Hey, he's wearing my jersey!!

Hunter and I are also going to spend a big part of the weekend at my oldest daughter's house. Ryanne and her husband are driving to Chicago to pick up a new race boat, and Hunter and I get to puppy-sit for her 4 fur kids. Ryanne promised me the pantry and refrigerator would be filled to capacity, AND she bought me a new Keurig so that I won't have to be without my precious coffee when I spend time at her house.  What a good girl my daughter is. :)
Ryanne and Joe

Speaking of good kids, take a moment if you can to drop by Hunter's blog. She has changed her background, and she's trying to be a little more diligent about posting. I told her not to follow MY example. :)  We did sit down last night, and I scrutinized her technique as she crocheted a granny square. She really wants to make some afghan squares to donate to Sue, but she was worried that hers wouldn't be good enough. I thought she did a great job and encouraged her to make more.

Hunter and her Grandma "Babci",
 testing out the new sewing machine,
not crocheting granny squares! 
Hunter's first sewing project

I think I have made up for a few days of not posting, wouldn't you say? I have been crocheting some, here and there, and this weekend I hope to finish the multi-colored ripple afghan that I showed you in my WIPs post. That's the BEAUTIFUL afghan I plan to be snuggled under during the Super Bowl!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Hey there girlfriend, I'm so glad you decided to join the world again but I do so understand the funk you can get into sometimes, especially in the Winter! Isn't that great that Hunter is learning to sew also? She'll be one talented kid when she's done. Glad you're back though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your post and your new look. I too get into the winter funk. It's awful, isn't it? But I keep telling myself that's part of the reason I love spring so much. Up come the crocus just when I don't think I can stand another day or dreary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're keeping your spirits up! I loved seeing your DD and her DH pic. Hunter looks like she's having a ball with the sewing and her nana. That's who taught me how to sew, in fact, I just passed on some tips to girls at school that my grandma had taught me.......35 years after the fact. Tell her it'll come in handy some day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you worry about the crappy mood, we've all been there. We are just glad to have you any way we can get you. Looks like those lessons are turning out to be working just fine. You are a great teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snacks and beverages are in ready and in place!.. ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?!!!.. YEAH! GO COLTS!!!! (0;

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Aunt Kari. How did u get those cool awards. please comment your answer on my blog. on any post will be fine. FAITH!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Greyt Balls of Yarn. Glad you stopped by for a visit. Feel free to leave a comment, so I will know you were here. Come back anytime!