Thursday, January 13, 2011

Tammy's Obituary


Tamara “Tammy” Lynn Crew, 46, passed away on Monday, January 3, 2011, at her home in Yukon, Oklahoma.

Tammy was born in Oklahoma City, OK, on January 14, 1964. She was the daughter of T. K. “Ken” Crew and the late Shirley Crew. Tammy graduated from Putnam City West High School in 1982 and accepted a softball scholarship at the University of Oklahoma, where she attended until 1987. Throughout her life, she remained the Sooners’ number one fan.

In order to fulfill her desire to serve, Tammy entered the Oklahoma City Police Academy in 1989, and graduated with academic honors in 1990. Her 21-year career as a police officer allowed her many opportunities to utilize her intelligence, wit, and excellent people skills. Tammy had taken and passed the OCPD’s Lieutenant’s Exam and was in line for promotion. In her final months as an officer, she was a Crime Scene Investigator, which presented her with new and exciting challenges.

In addition to her law enforcement career, Tammy was involved in numerous other activities. She was a passionate animal lover and was active in the local Westie Rescue organization. She was an avid bowler and was recently inducted into the Oklahoma City Bowling Hall of Fame. She was a participant and instructor with Operation Boot Camp. Tammy also loved to participate in bicycle races and other athletic events.

Tammy is survived by her father, T. K. Crew, her sister, Keri Bowers and husband, J.C., two nieces, Ryanne Seay and Hunter Bowers, and her very special friend, Sheryl Janes, all from the Oklahoma City area.

A celebration of Tammy’s life was held on Friday, January 7th, 2011, at the First Unitarian Church, Oklahoma City, OK. The services were conducted by Hahn-Cook Street and Draper Funeral Home and interment followed at Resthaven  Memorial Cemetery.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made in Tammy’s name to the animal rescue organization of your choice.  

10 comments:

  1. I'M SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSE KERI. I WISH I HAD SOME MAGIC WORDS TO EASE YOUR SORROW BUT THERE ARE NO SUCH WORDS. ALL I CAN DO IS PRAY FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY AND SEND MY LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry! Please accept my deepest condolences!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your notice listed on Kathy's blog list - I am so sorry for your loss. What a shock this must have been! Praying for the Lord to send healing for your hearts. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again, I'm so sorry you're going through this. My prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Keri,
    I hope things have gotten better, though I know your heart is very heavy. It's so hard losing someone you love. It's hard losing them when you know it's coming but when it blindsides you it is even worse. I've been there myself. Much love and many hugs hon...keep your chin up...Tammy will always be with you in your heart. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is heartbreaking Keri. A wonderful gal who was loved by her sis. I am so sorry that this happened and I hope that you and your family can find comfort and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry for your loss. I send you my condolences. This was beautifully written. Thank you.

    http://online-phd-uk.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keri!
    Hello! It's Kimberlee Brown-Boyer! I've lost touch with you and your family and just wanted to see how you were doing! I am so sad to learn of your sister passing away. I hope you and your family are healthy and well. How are Max and Minnie? Burt passed away two years ago now. We miss him so much! Write to me I would love to hear from you!! tea4boyer@gmail.com :)

    ReplyDelete

  9. شركة جوهرة الجنوب للخدمات المنزلية وخدمات العزل تقدم لكم بعض الخدمات التي تقدمها في مدينة ابها وخميس مشيط وجازان

    شركة عزل فوم بجازان
    شركة عزل خزانات بخميس مشيط
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بخميس مشيط

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Greyt Balls of Yarn. Glad you stopped by for a visit. Feel free to leave a comment, so I will know you were here. Come back anytime!