Saturday, July 25, 2009

Happy Saturday, Everyone!

Lots going on in my life lately. Will update you soon. But, for now, I'm on a mission with this particular post. My 10-year-old daughter, Hunter, sat down with me the other night and asked if she could crochet something. I was surprised, but delighted. She learned to crochet on Thanksgiving, same time I did. Being 10 and much more active than me, her attention span won't allow her to do more than a couple of rows or make more than a round or two. I told her to make something small that she could finish at one sitting, like a coaster. Well, low and behold, she made not just one, but THREE coasters, plus some little white "puffies", and then she sewed them together. She gave them to me as a gift and said it was her version of a rainbow peeking out from the clouds. I had a little difficulty seeing the rainbow, but I was just totally amazed at what a good job she did, with her very minimal experience.

So . . . this weekend sometime, I am going to post a picture of her "rainbow" for you all to see. I really hope you will take a moment to leave a comment, so I can show these to her and perhaps it will keep her encouraged to stick with her crocheting. Thank you all so much in advance for helping out. :)

1 comment:

Welcome to Greyt Balls of Yarn. Glad you stopped by for a visit. Feel free to leave a comment, so I will know you were here. Come back anytime!