Hunter took her organizer box to school to keep her supplies in. Some of the kids asked her if I could make them one. I said I would get some whipped up "as time permitted". Well, I worked on this one over the weekend. I'm not real fond of the camouflage, but due to the fact it's for a little boy, and I didn't think I would find any other use for the camo yarn, this is what I picked. I made 2 "M's". The first one, using my "H" hook and RHSS yarn, was WAY too big. I made a second one, this time using a "G" hook and Peaches and Cream cotton. It was still big, but I squished it to get it all to fit. :) Another thing I did differently on this one was to use plastic canvas on the inside, rather than a discarded tissue box. I thought this might hold out a little longer. It took more time, but I'm much happier with the results.
So, anyway, just wanted to let you know I've been keeping my crochet hook busy. I'm getting ready to get started again on my OU afghan. I've been holding off, waiting for some helpful advice from Carolyn, The Kansas Hooker. Now, I think I'm ready to take off on the graph part of the afghan. I'll keep you posted on progress.
Tomorrow is 09/09/09, my baby girl's birthday. She'll be 27. ARRGGGHHHH!!! Makes me feel really old!
6 years ago