7 years ago
Friday, June 19, 2009
First and foremost, muchas gracias to Caroline for presenting me with the Kreativ Blogger award. I was shocked because I am such a newbie at crocheting and blogging, but I'm so very appreciative. I will only be able to fulfill the first two "requirements", mainly because I'm only linked to 8 or 9 other blogs, and most of these bloggers have already received the award. :) So, on to the first rule:
The rules with this award are to:
1) List 7 things you love.
2) Link back to the person who gave you the award.
3) Pass it along to 7 other bloggers
Seven Things I love . . .
1. My family- I have a very small family which includes my husband, two daughters, one sister, my dad, and my mother and father-in-law. I lost my dear mother, who was my very best friend, in 1996. My life has not been the same since, and for that reason, I cherish every member of my family and every moment I get to spend with them.
2. My Greyhounds - I love animals of all kinds, but my Greyhounds are my special fur-babies. I did research on Greyhounds a number of years ago, and quickly fell in love with these beautiful, gentle creatures. I became involved in Greyhound rescue, which helps find good homes for the thousands of wonderful dogs that would otherwise be euthanized after their racing days are over.
3. Autumn - Yes, I've lived in Oklahoma/Kansas/Texas all my life, but I'm partial to cool or cold weather. In fact, many people get the "Winter Blues" because of having to be cooped up inside when it's cold. I'm just the opposite. I am so energized and much more active when the temperature is below 50 degrees! Oklahoma has beautiful weather in the fall . . . cool and crisp and the wind finally stops blowing for a few months. :)
4. Coffee - My husband calls me a coffee snob! He bought me a Keurig coffee brewer for our anniversary in April, and it's one of my very favorite possessions. I will say that I've only been to Starbuck's once or twice since getting my Keurig. :)
5. Music - I love all kinds of music . . . easy listening, pop, folk, country, classical, and anything instrumental. Music relaxes or invigorates, whatever the situation calls for. To me, it's what makes the world go 'round.
6. Holidays - I especially love Christmas, but I love all holidays because they usually give me an excuse to spend time with my family (see #1).
7. Last but not least, I LOVE CROCHET!!!!! Nothing more really needs to be said because anyone reading this will understand. :)
I don't have 7 people to send this award to, but I would like to say that I appreciate all of you and cherish the friendships I am building with each of you through your blogs.